The Ignite Call for Proposals closed on June 30th.
WHAT IS THE IGNITE SESSION?
This format of “learning” has been spreading across the country and even the world. Encapsulated in the Ignite motto “enlighten us, but make it quick,” each talk is exactly five minutes long. Ignite presenters share their personal and professional passions, using 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds.
PAST IGNITE TOPICS/TITLES
- Breathless: On Top of Colorado’s Highest Peak – Mt Elbert.
- Subtle Sensory Clues: Influence or Choice?
- Please…Check Your Dictionary.
- Buddhism, Science and Unleashing the Artist Within.
- Can Self-Help Books Help?
- What Attending Eleven Different Schools Taught Me About Changes.
- Help! I’ve Fallen Into My Inbox and Can’t Climb Out!
- Lessons from Teen Idols
- Association Lessons from Dr. Seuss.
- So What if it Feels Uncomfortable?
- What Seven Jobs in Seven Years Has Taught Me.
- What Health Equity means to Me
IGNITE SESSION PROPOSALS
Please submit your Ignite session proposal HERE, detailing your ideas for an Ignite presentation in a short abstract/summary (250 word limit). Make sure to describe the topic you will be presenting on, how you will use the 20 PowerPoint slides for your presentation, how this fits into this year’s Conference theme (Public Health HEROES: Health. Equity. Resiliency. Outcomes. Engagement. Safety.), and why you want to present at the Conference.
Presenters speak on any subject related to your life or work: something you are personally or professionally passionate about. It does not have to be directly public health related or tied to research, but should have some relationship to the Conference theme.
Submit your Ignite session proposal HERE before 11:59PM MT on June 30, 2021!
The PHiR Planning Committee will review Ignite session proposals in early July. You will hear back on the status of your proposal by the end of July. If your Ignite proposal is accepted, you will be asked to submit your slides beforehand and be given the option to rehearse prior to the Conference. The Ignite presentations will take place on Thursday August 26, 2021 during the Ignite & Awards Ceremony beginning at 5:15pm.