2021 CONFERENCE DETAILS:
The 2021 Public Health in the Rockies (PHiR) conference will take place from August 25 to 27. We are cautiously optimistic that we will be able to meet together in August in Keystone, Colorado but realize that may not be a possibility. We are continuously monitoring the situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, travel restrictions, local and state restrictions and CDC recommendations. Whether the conference is in person or virtual, PHiR will hold a full conference with 100-150 sessions over two and half days.
The theme of the 2021 PHiR conference is Public Health HEROES: Health. Equity. Resiliency. Outcomes. Engagement. Safety.This theme continues discussions from past years of our communities’ current and future public health issues. More importantly, we will celebrate our peers’ efforts in protecting the safety and improving the health of our communities, advancing health equity and improving outcomes for all populations through authentic engagement, education, policy making and research.
The 2021 PHiR conference will highlight the ongoing importance of promoting health equity, and aims to:
- Celebrate the successes of the public health workforce as HEROES in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and local wildfires, dismantling structural inequities and addressing other health crises.
- Highlight the resiliency of the public health workforce and local communities
- Share the learnings of improving health outcomes and reducing health disparities through education, policy making and research
- Discuss the power of community engagement with non-traditional partners in cross-sectors to improve health and health equity
- Build workforce capacity to protect the safety of our communities
The 2021 PHiR conference will ultimately provide insight and ideas on how to promote health equity in the region. It will showcase multidisciplinary efforts specific to Colorado and the surrounding region within the context of the Foundational Public Health Services and Capabilities.
Interested in being a part of the 2021 PHiR Planning Committee? Please contact us at email@example.com