2022 CONFERENCE DETAILS:
The 2022 Public Health in the Rockies (PHiR) conference will take place from September 27-29. We are cautiously optimistic that we will be able to meet together in September in Keystone, Colorado and are continuously monitoring the situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, travel restrictions, local and state restrictions and CDC recommendations.
The theme of the 2022 PHiR conference is Public Health: Forging Forward Together.
This theme continues discussions from past years of our communities’ current and future public health issues. PHiR focuses on advancing the work of CPHA to transform the health and well-being of Coloradans, providing the public health community–both individuals and organizations–a home, a forum, networks and opportunities to participate and collaborate in our core areas of work.
The 2022 PHiR conference will highlight the ongoing importance of promoting health equity, and aims to:
- Celebrate the successes of the public health workforce in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and local wildfires, dismantling structural inequities and addressing other health crises.
- Highlight the work of the public health workforce and local communities
- Share the learnings of improving health outcomes and reducing health disparities through education, policy making and research
- Discuss the power of community engagement with non-traditional partners in cross-sectors to improve health and health equity
- Build workforce capacity to protect the safety of our communities
The 2022 PHiR conference will ultimately provide insight and ideas on how to promote health equity in the region. It will showcase multidisciplinary efforts specific to Colorado and the surrounding region within the context of the Foundational Public Health Services and Capabilities.
Interested in being a part of the 2022 PHiR Planning Committee? Please contact us at [email protected]
Want to support scholarships for Public Health in the Rockies? Make a tax deductible donation by filling out this form.